2011年3月7日 星期一

Syllabus of Short-term General English Conversation Course in Kai-Ping Culinary School

Dear classmates,

親愛的同學

I firstly want to thank you for your coming and cooperation at today's class. You indeed did great jobs. As I said in our first class, the course is a 18-week short term general English conversation course. We focus on our abilities in English speaking and listening, so there will be lots of pair-/ team work during classes. I will try my best not to bore you.

首先我要感謝您們出席今天的課程以及參予課堂活動。你們真的表現很好。如同在課堂上所言,18週的課程說長不長,說短不短,所以在兩小時半的課堂上,我們會利用對話練習/小組練習來加強同學們英語聽&說的能力。 本人會盡可能不會讓您們感到無聊。

Here I upload the syllabus so that you could have a clue what topics we're going to discuss in the following weeks. However, just like I said in class, I will amend the teaching contents based on your requirements in learning English as well as the learning results. Do you still remember the first three questions I asked you to think about in the beginning of today's class?

上圖為課程表,包含接下來課程安排計畫以及討論主題。但是,課程內容以及先後順序會依照您們的需求以及學習成果些微調整。還記得剛開始上課問您(們)的3個問題嗎?
  1. Why do you want to learn English? 您為什麼想要學英文?
  2. How do you learn English? 回想求學階段,您是如何學英文的?
  3. What do you want to learn from this short 18-week general English conversation course? 在短短18週的課程中,您想要學到什麼?
The class focuses on speaking, listening, and then a little bit writing and reading. Please do not worry about the the latters (writing and reading), because I'm sure most Taiwaneses are quite good at reading English sentences/ paragraphs/ articles. Speaking ability in daily English conversation is our major focus in the classroom. Do you remember what we learnt from today's course?

生活英語輕鬆說的課程主要著重在英語說&聽的能力,當然也會包含少數英語書寫以及閱讀。有同學很擔心自己英語的書寫以及閱讀能力,但大多數的同學們從國中起就很擅長於閱讀簡單的英文句子/段落/文章,因此,課堂會注重同學們的英語口說能力。您還記得今天的課程嗎?
  1. I know how to introduce myself (first name + last name/ surname). 我知道如何介紹自己 (名字 + 姓氏)。
  2. I know how to ask people's full name. 我知道如何問對方的全名。
  3. I know how to ask people's phone/ telephone, cell-/mobile- phone number(s). 我知道如何問對方的電話/手機號碼。
  4. I know how to ask people's nationalities. 我知道如何問對方的國籍。
  5. I know how to read & fill in/ fill out simple application form. 我知道如何填寫表格。
  6. I know how to say few occupation words (accountant/ manager/ housekeeper/ teacher/ student/ doctor/ nurse/ occupation therpist). 我知道一些表示英文職業的用語。
  7. I also REMEMBER today's homework: complete the sentence on p.6, and check how to tell people your address in English (c.f. http://www.post.gov.tw/post/index.jsp). 我還記得今天的回家作業- 完成講義第6頁的表格,以及上郵政局網站查詢自己的英文全址。

I know some of newcomers/ auditors do not have today's complete handouts; I deeply apologize for this embarassing situation. If you want to receive any documents from today's class, please email me your 'personal information' (e.g. address, email address) so that I can send these papers to you. My email address is doris821023@yahoo.com.tw or chiaching1023@gmail.com. I will check my email boxes every day, so please don't worry I will miss any of your important emails.

今天上課有些旁聽生/新生沒有拿到講義,在此本人致上最大的歉意。如果您想要今天上課的講義(掃描/影印),請您先傳給我您的住址/電子信箱以便郵寄/傳送。我的電子信箱是doris821023@yahoo.com.twchiaching1023@gmail.com。本人習慣每天睡前檢查信箱,請您別擔心會遺漏重要訊息。

Have great days and I look forward to seeing you next week.

祝您有個愉快的一週,期待下禮拜與您相見。

Best wishes,

祝一切平安

Doris

朵瑞斯

沒有留言:

張貼留言